Lathander's Mission
9 Marpenoth, 1489 DR
Went separate ways this morning as I headed into the Lathander Shrine. After seeing Bella bring Corwina back from the dead I felt useless, like everything I've worked for up till now was a waste. I hoped to have Lathander reveal even a small hint of what I should add for the cure and wasn't pleased with what I learned. Lathander would reveal one ingredient if I killed a cult leader of his rival Myrkal. Apparently Talos and Myrkal are at war because they both want to rule the coastal towns under Lathanders rule. I also learned that my mothers death wasn't a freak accident. She was murdered. By who, I don't know. but I still haven't completely processed it. Who would want my mother dead? Is that why the school didn't save her? Not because they couldn't, but because they wouldn't?
Anyway, going to look for some missing soldiers near the Mere of Dead Men. At least it'll distract me from thinking about everything.
----------------
I'm back home now. We traveled through the mere and thanks to Poppy's survival skills we found the missing soldiers caged and being pulled by flail snails. Bella talked to the Lizard Folk and we decided on a trade: we'd get rid of their rot troll problem and they'd free the soldiers. We fought, I got a chunk of my shoulder meat taken out, and we saved the soldiers. I really just need a nap.
GP: 551/1,500
Comments
Post a Comment