Until We Meet Again
27 Kythorn 1490 DR
We entered the council meeting one last time as Lady Silverhand praised us for defeating Tiamat and essentially saving the world. We received medals of honor and were deemed hero's. I sat in the Lords Alliance section watching my friends be called up one by one. I recalled the battle a few weeks ago. The hot lava surrounding us, the chanting of the Red Wizards, the leader of the cult wearing the Red Dragon Mask, revealing himself to have been Gundren Rockseeker all along, the Dwarf we ended up saving at the beginning of all this. Once Tiamat emerged from the portal we all fought for our and the worlds lives. I remember being knocked unconscious, Cwl yelling as I fell onto the stone floor. Thankfully my friends were able to get me back up.
After defeating Tiamat, we ran out as the building began to crumble around us. We hurried up the large hill as the sun began to set, the clouds parting and the rain slowing down. The enemy was retreating from the battlefield as the Factions let out a roar of cheers, a sea of soldiers embracing each other. We had survived the impossible. We had beat fate.
Back in the council meeting, my friends were all given a dragon mask or a piece of it to look after:
Luna- White Dragon Mask
Dire- Red Dragon Mask
Winny- Blue Dragon Mask
Rain- Green Dragon Mask
Yuriel- Dragon Gem
Catscratch- Black Dragon Mask
I still have my responsibilities over my pendant so I declined the offer of a mask.
With the masks distributed, we were asked to take on one final mission. We were to separate, go our own way, as far away from each other as to not make contact again so the masks would forever be separated. We all looked at each other. We didn't want to be separated, and we knew this would be the hardest mission of all, but we agreed.
We said our goodbyes, gave small gifts to remember each other, and went our separate ways.
Here I am now, camping out in the middle of a field with Cwl and Catscratch by my side just like it was before my adventure started. Catscratch mentioned something about getting revenge for his friend Leo that was brutally killed by the Red Wizards of Thay. Guess the land of Thay is our next stop. I don't really mind though, I'll help Catscratch in anyway I can. That's what family does after all.
As for the rest of the group, I miss them dearly. It's only been a few days but I hope they are doing okay. I have a feeling we'll meet again some day. Somehow our paths will cross and we'll start a new adventure.
It's been two years since it all started, and I wouldn't change anything. I've grown and learned so much thanks to everyone. They will forever be my comrades, my friends, and my family.
---To long life,
Tawny
Comments
Post a Comment