Fennel the Elf

 26 Eleint, 1489 DR


     Finally arrived into the town of Phandalin. Took forever to arrive, or at least it felt like it took forever with those three talking up a storm. Sadly my traveling companions are Togar (Half Orc), Mirbella (Halfling), and the stupid fox Kaleb. I have been forced to take them to a wedding for Kaleb's cousin. I have no reason to go. It's not like I even know her, but I was slightly swayed by the idea of free food and work opportunity.

     As we exited my traveling house, a human woman (with quite the figure) held up a sign with Kaleb's name on it. Kaleb was not pleased to see her and I felt quite happy seeing how miserable he was. Her name was Corwinna and she was sent to escort Kaleb to the wedding so he couldn't bail.

     After all that was said and done we ran into a Dwarf named Amber (she looked pretty bad ass ) and her adventuring companion, Poppy, an Elf of all things. Poppy and the Halfling, Mirbella, seemed to get along well considering their obnoxiously happy personalities. I personally want nothing to do with any of them, especially the Elf.

     We all apparently were flat broke (and still needed to buy wedding gifts) so we decided to find some work. We found a quest board and headed off to some Dwarven excavation sight to warn the Dwarves working there of a dragon sighting in the area. Arriving, the Dwarves asked if we could clear the site of some oozes inside the temple. We agreed and took them out with ease. The others wanted to look around a bit more and of course got themselves into trouble. Kaleb was stupid (as always) and practically got himself, Mirbella and Poppy killed. With both our healers down for the count, I, Doctor Fennel, was their last resort.

     I used my newest concoction to heal them a little but left Kaleb unconscious. No one seemed to be against the idea since this was all his fault. Togar carried his limp body out and we all headed back to Phandalin. The others found a barn to spend the night in as Poppy eagerly went to hunt us some food. Togar, Amber and Corwinna decided to go along with her as Mirbella and I baby sat Kaleb's (still) unconscious body.

     When they arrived back I ate and hurried off to my traveling house. I had far too much research to do. Finding the cure is more important than chatting away with everyone else, and as an Elf myself, I seem to always have plenty of time on my hands.

     Interestingly enough, just received a knock at my door. One of my fairy helpers said no one was there, but there was a small bundle of herbs and a poppy flower connected to it. I have come to the conclusion that it could be from no one but that Elf woman. What is she trying to pull? I suppose the herbs are appreciated but I don't care about whatever game she's trying to play. 

  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Redbrands

The Book Thief (Part 2)

Fairy Dust