Manticores and Mimics
27 Eleint, 1489 DR
Worked through the night as always but still haven't come any closer to figuring out the cure. With all the knowledge I've gained from studying different religions, spells, and potions, you'd think I'd get closer to the solution. Nothing ever seems to go my way. Guess that's why I have to keep fighting. My work was interrupted by Mirbella as she entered my house. She told me everyone was about to head out on another job so I decided it would be best to go along with them. Get some fresh air to clear my head.
We made our way to a place called Umbrage Hill to warn a woman named Adabra about the dragon sighting in the area. Of course, with our luck, a Manticore happened to be attacking her house as we arrived. We spotted a Tiefling hiding behind a rock and Mirbella, of course, went straight up to her claiming that they were now friends.
The Tiefling introduced herself as Inaa before we charged at the Manticore. Everyone fought until the beast was slain, allowing us to finally help out the woman. We escorted her back to town and decided to finish off another job: getting a magical item from some Gnomes in Gnomengarde.
We wandered around those caves for what seemed like forever before finding the kings. Apparently they were afraid of some sort of shape shifter hiding out in their home. We eventually tracked it down, realized it was a mimic, and slayed the creature. Grateful, the Gnomes gave us a magic item to help deal with the dragon. We returned to Phandalin, split our pay, and relaxed the rest of the night.
I still have the sucker Poppy gave me back in the caves. She gave one to everyone for some reason. Probably to up morale. Mine is orange, most likely a citrus fruit, but I quite like orange flavored things. I guess it wouldn't hurt to eat it.
Comments
Post a Comment