A Fight Under the Ice
12 Alturiak 1490 DR
Glass Shatter led us underground into the freezing catacombs. We made our way, fighting kobolds, ice toads, and trolls. In one of the icy caves we came upon a large tent made from bones and pelts. We found Maccath and she told us about the magical horn being sound to bring the dragons together on behalf of Tiamat. She also told us she wouldn't feel safe leaving unless we killed the White Dragon.
We agreed and set off on our next task. The large lair was filled with freezing cold water so Luna used her ice breath to create a frozen raft. We laid down the furs, pillows and blankets we stole from the cabin and paddled through the darkness.
A fork in the road halted us but Glass Shatter climbed up the icy rock and continued on ahead. We all followed and arrived in a misty area. Suddenly, the White Dragon appeared and the battle started. I jumped down onto the frozen raft and paddled my way over to it. The magic users and Glass Shatter fought from on top of the rock as I fought from the waters below. I could see the dragon attack them with its tail, sending my comrades flying. Luna was knocked off and into the water. She didn't come back up for air so I knew she must have been knocked out and drowning.
To our horror, a second dragon appeared (it's mate). I debated whether to go save Luna or distract the second dragon but luckily Rain was able to heal everyone and bring Luna back. We almost died but were able to kill the dragons. With the task done we returned to Maccath and hurried back to the surface. We'll definitely be sleeping well tonight.
Comments
Post a Comment