Greenest
15 Uktar 1489 DR
We were sent to the town of Greenest (south of Phandalin) to find a man named Leosin Erlanthar. He apparently has some information about the Cult of the Dragons. As we arrived to the town, we were welcomed by screams and fire. We hurried inside and helped as many people as we could as well as fight off all the cultists we ran into.
We made it to the keep and a man, Governor Nighthill, asked us to help his town from the raid. We first cleared a group near the secret tunnels and then headed to the people hiding out in the church. Catscratch and Rain really showed off their skills in this battle. I was also surprised that Dire, a Tiefling Cleric that Sildar introduced us to back in Phandalin, was so good at throwing rapiers into enemies from a far distance.
Back at the keep, a Blue Dragon appeared overhead and used his lighting breath against us. It was extremely powerful and almost killed us all. Thankfully Rain learned this new group healing spell and saved us. After, Rain and Luna started talking to the dragon. I don't really know what they were saying in Draconic but whatever it was they convinced him to leave.
Next thing we know, a blue Dragonborne appeared in front of the keep and called out for a challenger to fight him. He had a couple people taken as hostages as well. Everyone said I should fight him. I hesitated because I didn't really care about these people. The Dragonborne wanted a clean one-on-one fight, no death, just whoever's standing at the end wins. What if he's lying? I didn't want to risk dying for a bunch of strangers. Sadly, I didn't have a choice. There was no one else to face him.
I walked out of the keep to face him. I called out to Catscratch and Luna to not use any magic to help me. I was going to fight him fair and square. I readied my stance as Rain stood near by and watched. It was now or never.
He swung his great sword full force and hit my side, sending me flying. I sat up on one knee, spat out the blood in my mouth, and mad dashed towards him, jumping into the air and kneeing him in the face before flipping over a punching his kidneys from behind. He swung back at me, hitting me again. I regained my footing and figured now was as good a time as any. I shifted. The black feathers engulfed me as I slowly started to lose touch with reality. I dashed forward and slammed into his chest, knocking him onto the ground and the wind out of his lungs. He looked up at me and said the words I feared the most. He said he knew about my pendant. I lost it.
Anger and fear took over. My body moved on its own. I crushed his skull with my feet, over and over until he breathed his last breath. A kobold behind us started freaking out and asking about the pendant. I went over and grabbed him by his throat. No one here deserves to live. What if they all know about it? I had to kill them for the good of the tribe.
Rain called out to me, telling me to stop. The kobold didn't know anything. Cwl flew over and tried to comfort me. I let the kobold go and walked into the keep. I stood there as that's all I could do. I couldn't think. I wasn't myself. All I could hear was the voices, those damned voices screaming in pain. In rage.
Cwl shifted to his humanoid form, completely covered in a cloak. He said something to Catscratch (who stood near me) before taking me to the stables we'd be sleeping in. He wrapped his arm around me as we sat in the hay on the cold floor. This madness wouldn't last forever. The pain would be gone soon. As long as Cwl was with me I'd be okay.
Comments
Post a Comment