Lizard Marsh



25 Eleint 1489 DR


Three days have passed and besides the strange drumming every night it's been quite peaceful. I got to finally work on some herbalism and buy a crossbow.

We eventually went to visit a man about the drumming and he told us how people were disappearing from near by farms. We travelled down stream and got attacked by some lizard folk. Winny and I got taken under as they tried to drown us, but with the help of the others we survived. I offered up my two healing potions to the others but no one wanted them. I'm not sure why. They were all hurt and I thought it could help. I spent all my time working hard to make them for our group and...I guess I kinda felt rejected? After all these months of traveling with them I figured we've gotten a little closer. Maybe I was wrong and reading into things. I'm not good at talking or showing my emotions, but I figured making these potions would show that Im starting to think of them as comrades. I care enough about them that I want them to live. Maybe I was wrong.

As we reached the swamp we slowly rode the boat through a tall grassy maze. Suddenly, Winny and Rain were snatched off the boat and disappeared into the tall grass. Catscratch and Luna took off in Rains direction as I went after Winny.

I found Winny on the ground, covered in toad slime, and shoved one of my healing potions down her throat. She arrowed the beast and I finished it off with a flurry of blows. Behind us another large toad (the one that got Rain, most likely) jumped into the air and landed near me. Winny shot at it again while a ring of fire burned its other side. The toad fell and Rain climbed out of its mouth. Everyone was low on health by the end of it.

We continued on and found a large tribe of lizards. Rain learned that the leader of the lizards was a black dragon that was forcing them to capture people as an offering. Rain and Luna went to convince the tribe to band together to go against the dragon as I, with Catscratch on my back, was ready to book it if a dragon showed up.

Luckily everything worked out and we were able to bring back the captured people to Phlan. We rested up back at Lees and I decided to tell Luna how I felt about the whole potion thing. She told me that she appreciated it and was sorry if everyone came across as mean. I suppose I overreacted a bit...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Redbrands

The Book Thief (Part 2)

Fairy Dust