Prisoners Freed
1 Marpenoth 1489 DR
Today we were summoned to meet a Half Orc about a dangerous magical weapon. After meeting with her I saw another Shifter in the corner of the Inn who was sitting at a table with a curly haired human woman. I panicked and hurried out the door. She was part of the tribe. What was she doing all the way in Phlan?This was bad. Im banished. If she saw me she could tell the tribe and they'd be pissed i'm traveling around, endangering the amulet. I'm suppose to be protecting it. If I died from adventuring it could be stolen and...the tribe would be doomed.
Rain did come up to me after. Apparently she talked to the Shifter and learned stuff about Cwl being "evil". Rain didn't seem to believe it though. That's good.
After that was done, Leo appeared at our place again with some info. He found the slave traders' hideout. We decided to pretend that Leo was going to sell Rain, Luna and Catscratch while I was a body guard. We got inside and easily fooled the Black Fists into thinking he was selling them. As the group was taken to the cells, Luna wrapped her handcuffs around a guards neck and started choking him out. It was definitely on at that point. Rain and Catscratch had a few close calls but we worked together to fight them all off.
We freed the prisoners and headed home. Rain said goodbye to the kittens as they were now reunited with their mother and Catscratch said his goodbyes as Leo left to get the other Kenkus to a safe place. It was a bittersweet moment. I know we aren't hero's but, honestly, I felt glad we were able to help so many people and reunite families. It's important to be with the ones you truly care about. Maybe I should stop caring so much about the tribe. They've done nothing for me. Catscratch, Luna, Rain and Winny. I think, maybe, I can call them my home.
Comments
Post a Comment