Mothers Arms are Empty
2 Nightal, 1487 DR
Went into town today to look for a job at the tavern. As I scanned the help wanted board a cloaked figure in the corner of my eye hurried out the door. I turned and followed.
It was freezing cold as the cloaked figure quickly weaved through the crowd of people. I followed them out of the town as they glanced behind, noticed me, and took off running. I followed suit until the figure finally turned to face me, "Blasted child. Stop your pursuit!"
Removing the hood revealed a dark, red-haired woman with tan skin. She looked angrily at me as I tried to hide all emotion. I asked her what she was doing so far from the village and she told me it was none of my business.
I persisted. It wasn't every day someone would leave the tribe. She reluctantly revealed that the dark spirits were pushing their way through the forest and closer to the village. They most likely were going after...well, its probably for the best not to mention it here in case someone finds this journal and reads it.
None the less, I told the woman...my mother, that I would help. She said no. I said yes. She said no. We bickered fo quite a while as the winter sun began to set. Knowing hoe cold the nights are now, I invited her to stay with me for the night. She refused at first but with reason finally came to her senses.
As we entered the ruins, a wolf appeared out of the shadows and to my mother's side. Her spirit pact. It growled at Cwl on my shoulder as I told him to keep watch outside for tonight. Mother and I didn't talk much that night but she did agree to take me back to the village to help. No one was happy to see me but I didn't mind. In the end, everything worked out I suppose. I took on the responsibility for the tribe and plan to do so till my very last breath.
Went into town today to look for a job at the tavern. As I scanned the help wanted board a cloaked figure in the corner of my eye hurried out the door. I turned and followed.
It was freezing cold as the cloaked figure quickly weaved through the crowd of people. I followed them out of the town as they glanced behind, noticed me, and took off running. I followed suit until the figure finally turned to face me, "Blasted child. Stop your pursuit!"
Removing the hood revealed a dark, red-haired woman with tan skin. She looked angrily at me as I tried to hide all emotion. I asked her what she was doing so far from the village and she told me it was none of my business.
I persisted. It wasn't every day someone would leave the tribe. She reluctantly revealed that the dark spirits were pushing their way through the forest and closer to the village. They most likely were going after...well, its probably for the best not to mention it here in case someone finds this journal and reads it.
None the less, I told the woman...my mother, that I would help. She said no. I said yes. She said no. We bickered fo quite a while as the winter sun began to set. Knowing hoe cold the nights are now, I invited her to stay with me for the night. She refused at first but with reason finally came to her senses.
As we entered the ruins, a wolf appeared out of the shadows and to my mother's side. Her spirit pact. It growled at Cwl on my shoulder as I told him to keep watch outside for tonight. Mother and I didn't talk much that night but she did agree to take me back to the village to help. No one was happy to see me but I didn't mind. In the end, everything worked out I suppose. I took on the responsibility for the tribe and plan to do so till my very last breath.
Comments
Post a Comment