Green Scales

16 Alturiak 1489 DR


A couple nights ago the family we saved told us about a farm that we could stay at for free. Sleeping in the barn reminded me of all my nights in the ruins. Sure, Inn's are comfy, but I feel more at home sleeping like this.

I was the first to awaken that morning and quietly snuck out. Feeding Cwl was my top priority. After that, I ran into the owner of the farm, Qelline Alderleaf, a female halfling. She was very kind and said she was cooking us some breakfast. I offered to help and she gladly excepted. Her house was small and cozy. I had never been in a kitchen before but she was nice about teaching me how to make the food. Her son, Carp, was running around until he was told to play outside. I thought about my mother for a second but quickly pushed away the memory.

Once the food was done we took it outside and the others were finally awake. We sat down to a nice meal and...I don't want to say this or even accept this but...it was like a nice family meal. I hadn't felt like that in a long time. It doesn't matter though. After this is all over I won't see any of these people again. Besides Catscratch. Or maybe he'll leave on his own, I don't know.

In the middle of our meal, one of the kids we saved ran over. She told us about more goblin raids. It was time to find these goblins and stop them.

We went to the scene of the crime, found footprints and hurried into the forest. We came upon a large cave with obvious signs of goblins.

Inside we fought our way and found Sildar Hallwinter. We saved him and sent him back to town. Eventually, we ran into a bugbear who was the leader of the goblins. He put up a good fight but we defeated him.

Back in town, Sildar told us everything that happened. He asked about Gundren but we still haven't found him. He told us of a man that lives in Thunder Tree that may know more about goblin hideouts around the area.

It took a day and a half but we finally made it. Thunder Tree was nothing but ruins of buildings and overgrown grass. Small grass monsters attacked us immediately. As we fought, a female Half-Elf walked out of a nearby building and started helping us. She introduced herself as Winny.

After the fight, we ran into a druid who said he'd tell us anything if we could help him get rid of a dragon in the area. He also told us about some cultists from a group called Cult of the Dragon hanging around as well.

We ended up running into the green dragon. It used smooth words to lure us in before attacking us with its poison breath. The fight was long and hard. Catscratch and Rain almost died. Luna was crying. I had no other choice but to walk into the poison gas and risk dying in order to hopefully finish the dragon off. I succeeded.

We then learned about another goblin hideout in the area but decided to rest and heal up before continuing on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Redbrands

The Book Thief (Part 2)

Fairy Dust