Tawny the Shifter

22 Flamerule, 1487 DR

Cwl had returned home not too long ago with this journal in hand. He said it was a gift for my birthday and I had completely forgotten it was today. I don't like to think about it much for whenever I do I get sad, or mad. Maybe a combination of both.

The last time I celebrated my birthday was years ago. I was young and my mother was preparing me with the proper attire and face paint. My father was out hunting with some of the tribesmen for the feast prep. It was a long night of eating and dancing. Some of the elders even told stories of the brave Shifters from our tribe of old.

A few months later it was time for the Coming of Age ceremony and...here I am. Alone in this gods forsaken ruin of a home. I've been here for years now and it's honestly not so bad. I don't mind the seclusion. Besides, I have Cwl to keep me company. He's my only family now. Or at least that's how I see it. I don't think a spirit like him understands what a family is.

Cwl practically raised me after I was banished from the village. I was a child in human standards after all. He didn't have to, he didn't need to care about me. If I died he could just take my soul and go. But Cwl is different. He's not like the rumors and stories of night spirits. He's not evil like they all thought. I believe, as mad as it may seem, that he truly cares about me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Redbrands

The Book Thief (Part 2)

Fairy Dust