The Redbrands
13 Alturiak 1489 DR
Catscratch quickly appeared before us and even brought someone I've never seen before, a tall cat with a leafy looking cloak. A Tabaxi, I believe they're called. She introduced herself as Rain and told us she had also been hired but was running late. She was asking around town for Gundren but found out about him missing.
We decided to deal with the Redbrand situation once and for all after hearing how they were kidnapping people from the town. Once inside the hideout, we were separated when the floor collapsed from underneath us. Luna and I were on one side, Catscratch and Rain on the other. We reluctantly decided to split up. I was honestly a little worried about Catscratch but just had to believe he'd be alright.
Luna and I put on some red cloaks we found in hopes to disguise ourselves. Passing through a couple rooms we finally stumbled upon some Redbrands. After taking them out we noticed a mother and her two children chained up. We freed them and they explained that the Redbrands had taken their husband/father. When they tried looking for him they were locked up.
We decided to have them tag along until we could get them out of there.
We came upon a large room with a crevice in the ground. Across the room, we could see Catscratch and rain holding bags of rice and backing away from a one-eyed monster on all fours. All of a sudden my mind was filled with insane talking saying over and over, "Food, hungry, food, eat, kill, food."
As they tried to distract the monster, skeletons came behind us. We had no choice but to fight.
Eventually, the monster slashed out at the family but Luna bravely jumped in front of them, taking the damage. I didn't think she'd do that. It crossed my mind to do the same but...I just couldn't bring myself to. I have my own responsibilities to deal with. If I were to die, who would protect the tribe? I guess my own life is more important than some random family. Luna is a much better person than I am. She's braver than I am. I'm still weak.
After searching the rest of the rooms we found a letter signed by someone called The Black Spider.
Comments
Post a Comment